Leah’s Pantry is a California non-profit organization that promotes healthier lives among low-income and food insecure populations throughout California. We work with CalFresh-eligible individuals and individuals with high nutrition risk to support healthy, sustained behavior changes through interactive, effective, and culturally relevant programs, both in person and online.
Leah’s Pantry is looking to hire a bilingual registered dietitian to provide individual nutrition counseling sessions over the phone for older adults and adults with disabilities. The term for this position starts from July 2019 to June 2020.
Position Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct 1:1 nutrition counseling with clients over the phone.
- Schedule initial assessments and follow-up consultations as needed.
- Mail nutrition education and outreach materials to clients.
- Submit progress notes and monthly data to the CaGetCare reporting system.
- Positive attitude while working with older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Reliable, friendly and collaborative. Teamwork comes naturally to you.
- Ability to embrace the flexible mindset required to be successful in a small but busy organization. Sense of humor a must!
- Responsive to internal and external communication, including weekly check-in with supervisor.
- Maintain organized and clear records
- Life-long learner. Eager to learn new things, in new ways, from a wide variety of people.
- Must be a registered dietitian under California code
- Tech savvy. Leah’s Pantry uses Microsoft Office products, Google Docs, and Dropbox.
- Background check required.
- Experience working with low-income and ethnically diverse older adults.
- Bi-literacy in Spanish, Chinese or Russian a plus but not required.
- Hourly rate: $32/hour
- 10-15 hours per week
Only online applications will be accepted. Please submit your cover letter and resume online to http://www.leahspantry.org/about-us/careers/