Leah’s Pantry is a non-profit organization that promotes healthier lives among low-income and food insecure populations throughout California. We work with low-income individuals to support healthy, sustained behavior changes through interactive, effective, and culturally relevant programs. We also provide nutrition capacity building services to organizations and government agencies that serve low-income individuals.
Through our Nutrition Pantry Program (NPP), we provide technical support to both pantries and state implementers in order to support policy, systems, and environmental changes at food distribution sites that lead to client-centered, health-focused distributions. The NPP network currently has over 50 pantries, and is expected to grow to over 150 by the end of 2020.
Leah’s Pantry is hiring a Project Coordinator to provide administrative and programmatic support for the growth and success of the Nutrition Pantry Program in Southern California. This person will also support other Leah’s Pantry programs, such as the nation’s first trauma-informed Nutrition Education program (Around the Table). Ideally, this position is a full-time position located in San Diego, but we are open to candidates located in Los Angeles, Riverside, Orange, or San Bernardino Counties.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide in-person and remote technical support and training to pantries in Southern California. Use existing resources and personal experiences to come up with creative ways to establish client-focused and health-centered pantries.
- Provide primarily remote support to state implementers implementing the Nutrition Pantry Program. Hold quarterly calls and ad hoc trainings/webinars for implementers.
- Identify the need for new resources for NPP and work with the design team to create such resources.
- Contribute to program evaluation for the Nutrition Pantry Program.
- Coordinate logistics and supplies for various training programs, some travel may be required.
- Support other programs and projects at Leah’s Pantry as needed, which may include teaching nutrition classes or cooking workshops, coordinating and training other nutrition education facilitators, or contributing to the development of new programs.
- Candidates with prior Food Bank or Pantry/Food Distribution experience will be prioritized. **Please explain in your cover letter.
- Experience working in trauma-informed environments/programs, or prior training on trauma-informed practices, is preferred. **Please explain in your cover letter.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office and Google Docs. Ability to stay digitally organized and to use technology efficiently. Experience learning new technology platforms.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills – phone, email, and in person.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to juggle a lot of priorities, schedules, and needs.
- Ability to work on your own with little guidance and to push projects forward, but also ask for help when needed.
- College degree and two years work experience preferred.
- Able to drive throughout Southern California to provide onsite support to partners.
- Hard-worker with a great deal of stamina. You take immense satisfaction in being busy and productive and in accomplishing the goals set for you.
- You seek to transform something strong into something superb. Understanding the ambitions of particular people might give you insights into the type of support, training, experiences, partnerships, or nurturing each person needs to thrive.
- Inspired by the future and what could be. Your powerful anticipation and detailed visualization of a better future can turn aspirations into reality. You energize others with your vision of the future.
- Reliable, friendly, and collaborative. Teamwork comes naturally to you. Ability to embrace the flexible mindset required to be successful in a small but busy organization.
- Life-long learner. Eager to learn new things, in new ways, from a wide variety of people.
APPLICATIONS WITH A COVER LETTER outlining your interest in Leah’s Pantry and relevant experience will be prioritized over those without.
**Candidates who are not local to Southern California will not be considered.
Job Type: Full-time with health and dental benefits
Salary: $52,500.00 to $55,500.00 /year