Leah’s Pantry is a California non-profit organization that promotes healthier lives among low-income and food insecure populations. We work with CalFresh-eligible individuals and individuals with high nutrition risk to support healthy, sustained behavior changes through interactive, effective, and culturally relevant programs, both in-person and online.
Leah’s Pantry is hiring a Sustainability and Nutrition Education Facilitator to teach 10+ community-based nutrition education workshop series at multiple sites in San Mateo County. These workshops promote awareness of the benefits and best practices of food waste reduction and advance environmental sustainability.
Position Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct nutrition education workshops using approved curriculum and materials.
- Plan for class, shop for food and gather necessary materials.
- Post a summary of each workshop to our online community.
- Coordinate with supervisor to schedule workshops with site coordinators.
- Submit monthly workshop data.
- Positive attitude while working with low-income families and community-based organizations.
- Reliable, friendly and collaborative. Teamwork comes naturally to you.
- Ability to embrace the flexible mindset required to be successful in a small but busy organization. Sense of humor a must!
- Responsive to internal and external communication.
- Maintain organized and clear records, including attendance sheets and paperwork.
- Life-long learner. Eager to learn new things, in new ways, from a wide variety of people.
- Fluent in Spanish
- High comfort level with technology products. Leah’s Pantry uses Microsoft Office products, Google products, and Dropbox.
- Local travel required. Applicants must have access to a car with a clean driving record.
- Demonstrated competency in cooking.
- Demonstrated competency in learner-centered group facilitation and classroom management.
- Background check required.
- California food handlers certification preferred.
- Have had experience working with low-income and ethnically diverse populations.
- Expenses for mileage and parking will be reimbursed by Leah’s Pantry.
- $70 per workshop (each series consists of 3 workshops)
- Facilitators are paid as employees of Leah’s Pantry, not as subcontractors.
Any questions? Please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only online applications will be accepted. Please submit your cover letter and resume online below: