Food Smarts Curriculum (preview) is a flexible, learner-centered nutrition and cooking curriculum for low-income communities, available in multiple languages. Outcome evaluations reliably show the adoption of healthier dietary and food resource management behaviors. Food Smarts is a SNAP-Ed approved curriculum in many states.
Food Smarts Kids Curriculum is designed primarily for elementary and middle school-aged youth. This curriculum can also used with high school students, but facilitators will need to choose age-appropriate activities for their group. Approved for SNAP-Ed use through high school. Evaluation tools tested with 4th and 5th graders.
Training is required in order to use Food Smarts Curriculum. This requirement can be fulfilled via:
- In-Person Food Smarts Training Program (FSTP)- 8 hours– $200*
- 3-part FSTP Webinar- 6 hours (Sept 2019)- $75*
- Private Web-based Overview of Food Smarts for up to 5 agency staff- 2 hours- $200*
*Cost includes digital access to curriculum. Fee is waved for CalFresh Living Funded agencies.
The following products were updated mid-2018 and are currently available:
- Food Smarts Adult Workbook (English, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Russian)
- Food Smarts Kids Workbook (English)
- Food Smarts Adult Instructor Guide (English)
- Food Smarts Kids Instructor Guide (English)
- Recipe Booklet (English)
|Product||Individual/Sample Prices||Bulk Order Prices*|
|Adult Workbook – Color||$14||$10|
|Adult Workbook – B/W||$10||$5|
|Adult Instructor Guide||$50||$35|
|Kids Instructor Guide||$50||$35|
*Minimum of 20 workbooks required to qualify for bulk order pricing. However, we offer a sample pack for curriculum review.
How to Access
- Interested in using Food Smarts for your clients/participants? Complete our Partner Registration to learn how to bring our educators to your site and access partner downloads (see training requirements above).
- Want to place an order for individual products or sample materials? Use this link to purchase sample materials via Amazon.