We work with 200+ partners across California that serve low-income community members. (Examples of our partners include food banks and pantries, public housing sites, senior centers, local health departments, and community clinics.)
Our trainings equip partners with the information, resources, and confidence they need to support the health of their clients through interactive food demos, Food Smarts Workshops, health-focused pantry environments, and more.
Our training schedule includes in-person workshops, interactive webinars, and other sessions customized to meet partner needs. Trainings are frequently recorded and made available on our web site.
|Trauma-Sensitive Nutrition Security + Around the Table Curriculum Training||April 14-15, 2020||Sacramento, CA||Register Now|
|VIEW PREVIOUS WEBINARS|
- FREE Recorded Webinars
- Other Recorded Webinars available for purchase (free for CalFresh Healthy Living Partners)
- Completed In-person Training
Use the links to jump to training descriptions. Contact us for information about scheduling, customization, and pricing.
- FSTP (Food Smarts Training Program)
- FSFP (Food Smarts for Food Pantries)
- NPP (Nutrition Pantry Program) for Implementers
- ATTP (Around the Table Training Program)
While we can customize training, our primary programs include:
Food Smarts Training Program (FSTP)
- Purpose: Learn to use the Food Smarts Curriculum for nutrition and cooking classes.
- Audience: For agency staff, volunteers and community leaders.
- Focus: To build participant confidence in…
- client engagement—we teach learner-centered facilitation with practical, skill-based activities
- clear and respectful communication—simple, well-tested messages with an understanding of client barriers
- culinary literacy—food safety, knife skills, simple delicious recipes
“The Leah’s Pantry FSTP was an amazing training to take part in! The materials were completely practical and relevant to the populations I serve. I love the concept of ‘start where you are; use what you have, and do the best you can with that!’ This really empowers our populations and makes it easier to make changes!”
— Curley Palmer, San Diego HHSA
Food Smarts for Food Pantries (FSFP)
- Purpose: Learn to create a client-centered and health-focused food distribution.
- Audience: For food bank staff, food pantry staff and volunteers, and agencies providing nutrition education at food distribution sites.
- create a dignified, trauma-informed environment at hunger relief sites
- strategically include nutrition and cooking in a way that is effective and relevant
- ensure staff and volunteers are sharing consistent, well-tested messages with clients
- learn to use tools and frameworks to conduct PSE interventions in hunger relief settings
NPP for Implementers
- Purpose: Learn to implement the Nutrition Pantry Program within your agency/organization.
- Audience: SNAP-Ed implementers, food bank and pantry staff, University Extension professionals, and other individuals and organizations looking for an organized healthy pantry program model to adapt to their sites.
- This implementer program will launch in summer 2019.
Around the Table Training Program
This implementer program will launch early 2020.